Wildlife Biologist-Botanist Announcement
Olberding Environmental, Inc. is currently seeking applications for a full-time wildlife biologist and/or plant ecologist/botanist for our San Ramon office. Candidates should have a minimum of 4 years of applicable experience in the respective field.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Conducting field surveys including plant community mapping, rare plant surveys, and wetland assessments and delineations, and will prepare a variety of reports/technical studies, including biological resource reports, and natural resource management plans
• Environmental compliance construction monitoring
• Overseeing habitat restoration projects
• Managing projects and project personnel
• BS degree or higher in Biology, Botany, Ecology, Natural Resources or a related field.
• Four-plus years of relevant professional experience and/or three-plus years of experience in the environmental consulting industry in California.
• Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Physically able to perform occasional field work under a variety of conditions, including the ability to work in typical northern California temperatures and inclement weather, and hike and/or drive to remote locations over uneven terrain when needed. Physically able to occasionally hike sometimes steep terrain, carrying necessary field equipment, to get to project locations.
• Strong computer skills with programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience and knowledge of NEPA, CEQA, and Federal and California environmental regulatory processes.
• Knowledge and experience working with northern California rare flora and fauna and vegetation communities.
• Knowledge and experience with wetland and endangered species regulatory processes.
• Experience writing biological reports, impact analyses, and mitigation plans.
• Team player - the ability to work well with others as well as independently.
• Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects with critical timelines.
• Self-motivated, strong initiative.
Please send a cover letter with a resume in MS Word or PDF format
Please write “Wildlife Biologist-Botanist” in the subject line of the email.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Competitive, commensurate with experience
Olberding Environmental, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity and an inclusive work environment. OEI considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, ancestry, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status